Follow me!

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Epic cupcake fail...




Well, happy Tuesday, July 3rd! I published a great post yesterday about red, white and blue shortbread squares...and let me remind you, they were close to perfection. Buttery, rich and sweet all wrapped into one.  Check out my post here

Today's baking extravaganza (again, with my 4 year old daughter), did not go nearly as well. I am definitely not the Queen of cupcakes by any means. However, I decided to give them yet another try. I...I mean, we made vanilla cupcakes and I came up with the brilliant idea of making red, white and blue icing for the little gems.

The cupcakes took double the time to bake, but they seemed fine...still very moist. Score! Upon tasting they tasted pretty good. My daughter sat at the counter and ate one and came running into the living room saying they were awful. What? I exclaimed! What did you eat? Go spit it out....and she did. So, I went and tasted it and sure enough something tasted awful. After examining all the 24 cupcakes, I realized the vanilla must have been bad. UGH!

I cut the bottoms off of several, because it settled to the bottom. And salvaged a few. Now it was time to make the icing...

What I imagined my cupcakes would look like...
I made 3 batches. One white, one blue and one red. I then placed each batch into a large plastic bag and snipped off the tip. I proceeded to decorate the stubby cupcakes. It was a total mess. I imagined beautiful, tri-colored icing, but instead some were pink and others turned out purple.

The husband tasted one and said they were good...better without the icing. SMH.

Maybe I'll try cupcakes again in another year.

*** Too embarrassed to show the end result. ***

Interested in reading about my past baking failures?




2 comments:

  1. I love how you turned lemons into a great blog post! You're awesome! Reminds me of the time I decided to make cherry clafoutis for about twenty people. Pitted literally pounds of cherries, and the mess never baked! It was just two big dishes of slop, lol! It happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... I love your description...2 big dishes of slop! Which is exactly how I saw the cupcake fiasco. :)

      Delete