Follow me!

Monday, July 2, 2018

Red, white and blue shortbread squares...


I have a yearly tradition of making red, white and blue shortbread bars for July 4th. This year is no exception...the only thing that is different this year is that I am going to share my recipe with you!

I do have a baking business that I run from home called The Fiery Whisk and I do make these bars and sell them. HOWEVER... I altered my recipe just a bit so that I can share it with you...my loyal readers and friends.


I always make my own strawberry jam after going strawberry picking in May and I use this jam for my red, white and blue bars.


Deanna's Red, White and Blue Shortbread Recipe
  • 2 sticks butter, salted and softened
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup strawberry jam
  • 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (I use frozen) 

Preheat oven to 350*.
Line 9x13 baking dish with no-stick foil.
Cream butter and sugar.
Add flour and mix well.
Mixture will be crumbly.
Reserve about 1/4 cup of mixture, set aside.
Press remaining dough into prepared dish.
Dough will only cover 3/4 of the dish.
Spread jam onto dough.
Sprinkle with blueberries.
Top with remaining dough, by dropping small pieces over fruit.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Allow to cook on stove top.
Remove by lifting foil out of baking dish.
Place in fridge to harden.
Cut into bars with a knife and store air tight for up to 4 days.

DO NOT USE MARGARINE FOR THIS RECIPE.


Skore Bars (video and recipe)

Fruity Oat Bars

Nanaimo Bars 

Customize your sprinkle cookies for any Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment