Follow me!

Monday, June 19, 2017

Mom serves screwed up banana pudding dessert... due to toddler induced insanity


What does this title really mean? First, you must read this: Why a 3 Year Old Can Prohibit Proper Baking

Then, you will understand the title of this post as well as what I am going to write next...

I was distraught. I was frustrated. And I was ready for a glass of wine. By time we went over to my in-laws for Father's Day, I was heavily feeling all three. The melt-downs were at an all time high...for my 3 year old and for ME!

I got through the dreaded banana pudding recipe. Yes, I did. I covered it and placed it in the fridge until it was time to travel to my in-laws house for our Chinese food dinner. The pecan pie looks fabulous, if I might add. The banana pudding sure looked pretty, but how it was going to taste was up for grabs.

After dinner, my sweet husband cleared our plates and placed both desserts onto the table...along with plates, forks, so forth and so on. He scooped out banana pudding on to everyone's plate and also gave us each a wedge of pie....which looked amazing, but I may have already mentioned that.

Keep in mind, no one was aware of what transpired during the making of the banana pudding. As far as they all knew, I followed the recipe and it was going to be spectacular! (Just as it was the last time I made it.) As the family baker, people come to expect perfection...sad, but true.

We all dug in to our dessert plates and everyone OOOHHHED and AHHHED over how wonderful the desserts were. I was shocked! The banana pudding was edible! It was over the top sweet, but edible! I thought the texture was off...almost a little gritty, but no one else said anything about it tasting like sandpaper, so I kept my mouth shut.

Can you guess who liked it the most? My 3 year old! The one who created the recipe havoc to begin with. Such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment