Follow me!

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Why a 3 year old can prohibit proper baking...


Happy Daddy's Day to all! As a treat for my husband and his dad today, I graciously baked a chocolate pecan pie AND banana pudding!
Upon waking this morning, I began the baking spree. First, I made my famous chocolate pecan pie...with a homemade pie crust, of course. My 3 year old sat in awe as I taught her how to make a crust and prepare the pie. Before I knew it, poof, bam, pow...the pie was in the oven. That was easy and kind of fun!

Then, I started on the banana pudding. Not just any banana pudding, the Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding!  This truly is the best I have tasted to date. Little miss was hungry so, before I got too far, I made her something to eat. As she ate, I began assembling this amazing pudding dessert. I didn't get very far before she asked for a snack. Sooooo, like any good mommy, I got her a snack. Then, things got crazy.
I placed the Chessman cookies into the bottom of the 9x13 baking dish. She decided she wanted to EAT the cookies. She was reprimanded and then I explained that those cookies need to stay in the dish in order for me to make the banana pudding. Well.....that did not fly. A meltdown ensued. I recognized her desire for a cookie, so I gave her a couple of crumbs from the Chessman cookies after she calmed down. That wasn't good enough. I gave her one of her cookies that come in a tin. After she ate it, she began banging the tin on the counter, which created a loud, horrible clanking noise. I asked her to stop and it continued. At the end of my rope, I grabbed the tin and yelled, "STOP!" And you guessed it...another melt down.
At this point, Daddy's morning to sleep in was over and he came downstairs to help out mommy.
Keep in mind, through all of this, I am TRYING to assemble the pudding! After I cut the bananas and placed them on top of the already arranged cookies, I realized that I screwed up the pudding mixture. Great. Just great.
I forgot the MILK! I mixed the box of pudding in with the sweetened condensed milk instead of regular milk. Well, too bad. I continued making the dessert. It is now in the fridge. I will let you know how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment