Follow me!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Smoothie gone bad...





One night a while back, I tried a new smoothie recipe and it was not good at all! I drank it because I did not want to waste the fruit, but I will NOT be making this one again!
I had a brilliant idea to make a coffee and cream smoothie. Now, this would not have been such a bad idea if I had used pumpkin puree with the coffee, but I used cherries and a dab of pineapple juice b/c there was no sugar in the coffee.
It would have been good if it did not have the coffee in it. Here is what I did (I do not recommend you try this recipe):

1 cup coffee, prepared with milk
1/4 cup pineapple juice
10 frozen dark cherries
3 frozen strawberries
1 banana
3 ice cubes

I blended everything together.
The coffee left a bitter taste in my mouth. If I had put sugar in the coffee it would have been better,
but then I would be drinking all that sugar.
We all makes mistakes you know!?

Here is a recipe I DO recommend:

Fruit and spinach protein smoothie

  • 1 cup pineapple juice
  • 5 frozen dark cherries
  • 3 frozen strawberries
  • ½ cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 banana
  • 1 handful of fresh spinach
  • 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (I prefer vanilla)

Blend everything in your blender.
Add more juice if it is too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment