Follow me!

Friday, May 15, 2020

Just Bakecause: Interview with CEO Amanda Jonsay




I had the pleasure of meeting Amanda after I signed up for her free course on how to open a home bakery. Yes, I already have my own home bakery, but there is always something I can learn.

I was so impressed with her and the business she has created, supporting moms who want to start a home bakery, that I suggested we do an email interview. I asked Amanda the following questions and here are her answers:
  1. Please tell us your name, where you live, and what type of business you have created for yourself.
  2. What is your passion?
  3. How did you turn your passion into your business?
  4. What can people expect to learn after they make a decision to take your course?
  5. Can you please share your contact information with us? (Please include social media links)

1. My name is Amanda Jonsay, and I live in the Bay Area, CA. I help home bakers all over the world create their dream businesses. My online program, "Launch your Home Bakery," is an 8-week program that helps bakers build a sustainable brand, attract their dream clients, and turn their passion into a unique experience.

2. I value DIVERSITY and believe that more women of color need to be represented, especially in this industry.
When I started my business, I would have loved to see more women who looked like me, but there was such a lack of diversity that I believed I wouldn't be successful or even noticed, because of how I looked.
There are so many talented, undervalued women out there who I want to acknowledge and uplift.
My mission is to tell women: If you've ever felt like you weren't good enough to make an impact or start your business, I see you, and I want you to know that you are WORTHY, and you have something so special to offer that no one else can. The world needs you exactly the way you are.

3. I started Just Bakecause selling fondant cakes. My very first order was for a baby shower, and I had no idea what I was doing. The fondant slid all over the cake, and it was a mess!
I eventually transitioned into buttercream cakes, got into the wedding cake industry, and specialized in modern, minimal cakes as well as pavlovas (if you haven't tried these yet, you're missing out!).
I did this as a side business for a while (about five years!) until I quit my corporate job and pursued my cake business full time. I've always known that whatever career I ended up in, I wanted to serve and inspire other people.

Flash forward to today - I now help home bakers all over the world create their dream businesses. That is why I created my online program: Launch your Home Bakery, because when I was researching what I needed to do before starting my cake business, I couldn't find a mentor or coach who I connected with or offered the type of guidance I needed. I struggled so much with self-confidence, anxiety, overwhelm, and no one in the industry addressed this.
I wish I had someone tell me how much self-work I needed to build a business, and what I should focus on, because I believed the lie that I needed to do it all, and do it all by myself!  
This is why I strive to show up and be there for all the bakers who desire community and to be seen and heard.

4. My students can agree that what they receive out of my program is: clarity, confidence, and community. Here are some things my students have said:
"I joined Amanda's course because I was tired of not knowing where to start. Since taking the course, I've stopped feeling lost and overwhelmed - I know exactly what steps I need to take. Amanda has really opened my mind up to not just building a business, but a brand. I know what kind of bakery I want to have, and how I want to serve people. If you're feeling stuck, then I highly recommend joining. I won't lie; it was one of the best decisions I've ever made and an investment I'll always thank myself for making."
"Before this program, I felt lost and discouraged because I didn't know what to do and where to start. There are so many websites giving tips and advice on how to start a baking business, but the more I read them, the more I am lost because they are too general. I want the advice for ME! Amanda is so encouraging, positive, friendly, and attentive.
She's responsive and knows every one of her students. She's helped remind me why I started."
"This course is really getting me together. I just realized how scattered my thoughts (and menu) are. I can tell that I'm putting way too much energy into what I see on others' social media pages and spending time trying to perfect their craft...instead of my own. This is a HUGE discovery for me, as I've always thought that would make me happy and "successful." It started to feel like the draining work I was doing when I was in the corporate world which made me begin to question why I left in the first place. I've found new energy, and it feels so great."


More from The Fiery Whisk:




No comments:

Post a Comment