Follow me!

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Comfort food: What does it mean to you?




When you hear the term "comfort food," what comes to your mind? I am sincerely interested in knowing the answer to this question and would love for you to leave a comment with your response.

Comfort food means something different to everyone. In my opinion, it depends on your family, how you were raised, where you were raised, your career, there are so many variables.

Let's discuss exactly what the term comfort food refers to...
Comfort food: Food that provides a feeling of well-being, typically associated with childhood.

I would like to talk about what "comfort food" means to me...

I grew up in New Jersey. Home of the most amazing food (I know, we all say that about the food where we grew up). I grew up eating pasta with homemade sauce, meatballs made with veal, beef, and pork, amazing fresh Italian bread, and desserts!

Desserts deserve a paragraph all to themselves. Pastries, cakes, cookies, I grew up eating the BEST desserts! Cannolis, cheese-filled pastries, coffee cakes, and pudding desserts. The list goes on and on.

You can see from what I have written EXACTLY what my idea of comfort foods is. Yes, I enjoyed all the meals, but my heart is in the desserts.

Having started a family, I have created new ideas of comfort foods for myself. Holidays are essential to me, and food is a huge part of the Holidays for my family and me. I have created recipes for each Holiday, and those recipes now bring me joy. I have listed several of these special recipes below.

I think we need to come up with a new term that explains foods that are important to each of us now, that does not tie back to our childhood :)

Please share where you grew up and your idea of comfort foods...

More from The Fiery Whisk:

Funny baking stores: Featured on Midlife Margaritas  

 Cinnamon pecan roll recipe

Best ever sweet potato casserole recipe 

Cheesy garlic bread recipe

Crunchy green bean casserole recipe

Tender turkey breast recipe



No comments:

Post a Comment