Follow me!

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Making white bread: Easy white bread recipe (bread machine)




It seems like the entire world has taken up bread baking these days. I have never in my life, had such a difficult time finding yeast, dry milk powder, and on occasion flour!

I have been baking bread for years, so these ingredients are typically available for me.

I bake my bread in a bread machine. So, this recipe is designed to be used with a bread machine. I have also created a YouTube video where I go through the recipe step by step... all the while being a smart mouth as usual.



Basic White Bread (bread machine) Recipe
  • 1 cup warm water, 85 to 105 degrees F
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 1 Tbsp dry milk powder 
  • 1.5 Tbsp sugar
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2.25 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1.5 tsp rapid/quick-rise yeast 

Add ingredients into the bread machine using the exact measurements, in the exact order listed.
It is important to stick to the measurements and the order.
Set bread machine to the bread setting and choose if you want it to bake light, medium, or dark. I choose a medium bake for my loaves.
Press start and go about your day.

More from The Fiery Whisk:

Love of Food magazine: No-bake desserts

Funny baking stories: Midlife Margaritas

4 Best ways to organize your recipes

Reese's brownies with chocolate icing

No comments:

Post a Comment