Follow me!

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Making memories with an ice cream float

 


I was flipping through a magazine the other day and saw an article on a Root Beer float. That brought me back to when I was a child and I remembered that my mom used to enjoy Root Beer floats.

I decided to make an ice cream float for my daughter after I realized she has never tried one. Typically, we do not keep soda in the house, but I remembered I had some Ginger Ale in the fridge that I asked my husband to pick up for an upset stomach I had a few days ago. Score!  

We had some waffle cone ice cream in the freezer, which I thought would pair perfectly with the Ginger Ale. So, off we went to make a special treat.

First, we poured our soda into a tall glass. Then, we added two scoops of ice cream and finished it off with a red straw.  

 

As you can see by the picture she was a happy girl!

On a side note, we should all have a great ice cream scoop in our kitchen. I have two perfect options for you here:

Tupperware (with Kathy) 

Pampered Chef (with Laura) 

You can pair all types of soda and ice cream flavors together to come up with the perfect combination for you. 


Ready to read more about ice cream floats and try out some new recipes? Check out my article on The Love Of Food magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment