Follow me!

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Fall Baking: Double vanilla pumpkin pie recipe


It's pumpkin time! Fall is here and Turkey Day is on its way!

When it comes to pie crusts, I like to make mine with a rustic look. When it comes to pumpkin pie filling, I like mine creamy, rich and sweet. I will either use canned organic pumpkin OR I will roast and puree my own pumpkin for the filling to my pies.

I have included links to pie crust recipes at the end of this article AND included a link to one of my articles on how to make your own pumpkin puree.

Double Vanilla Pumpkin Pie Recipe
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
  • 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp each: ground cloves. cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 unbaked pie crust (link to recipe below)
Preheat oven to 450*.
In a large bowl combine: pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, flour, salt and spices. Mix well with a wire whisk and pour into pie shell.

Bake for 20 minutes, then turn oven temperature down to 350* and bake for an additional 40 minutes (or until knife inserted into center comes out clean).






Tip: To prevent a burnt crust, place a metal crust ring over the exposed crust before baking. If you do not have one, you can use aluminum foil.







Pie crust recipes: 2 easy pie crust recipes 




No comments:

Post a Comment