Follow me!

Sunday, July 2, 2017

July 4th, Red, White and Blue shortbread


Happy Firecracker weekend!

For your red, white and blue pleasure, I have made a batch of shortbread with preserves and a crumble topping!

I do make these to sell for my bakery: The Fiery Whisk and because of that, I can not reveal my exact recipe. However, I can still help you whip up a batch for the sparkly weekend. How, you may ask? Take a look:

First, bake a batch of Easy Shortbread

Second, before baking, choose your favorite flavor of preserves. I chose blueberry, strawberry and fig. Spread the preserves over the shortbread before baking.

Lastly, combine a quick Streusel topping (Here is a recipe from the baking goddess herself, Martha Stewart.)

Add your topping over the preserve layer and bake according to the Easy Shortbread recipe directions.

Whalaa...you now have your own, buttery, tasty, satisfying, red, white and blue shortbread dessert for Firecracker weekend.

Happy Baking!





No comments:

Post a Comment