Follow me!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Banana bread overnight oatmeal recipe with video (perfect for back to school)


I'm not sure about you, but during the week, the last thing I feel like doing is cooking a healthy breakfast! Shoot...I don't feel like cooking breakfast period...let a lone a healthy one. BUT...I do know that it benefits my body to eat healthy. Sooooo....I decided to give one of these "overnight oatmeal" recipes a try.
As usual, I have to make it my own. So, I created a banana bread flavored overnight oatmeal recipe. What you're supposed to do, is make it at night and have it ready to chow down on in the morning. But, to make life even easier, I make 3 or 4 at a time and have them for the week! Cause that's how I roll.
Give this super healthy and super tasty breakfast recipe a try as it is perfect for school mornings. And yes, you eat it cold. And yes, my 2.5 year old LOVES this stuff!

Look how easy this is to prepare!





Banana Bread Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
  • 1 banana, medium to large
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup cashew milk, unsweetened
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon pecans or walnuts, chopped
Mash banana in a bowl.
Add oats, milk, seeds, cinnamon and honey.
Mix together well.
Add to a mason jar or other type of glass jar with an air tight lid.
In the morning before eating, top with nuts and enjoy!

This recipe has:
  • 327 calories
  • 0 cholesterol
  • 9 grams of protein
  • 12 grams dietary fiber
  • 15 grams sugar
  • 11 grams of fat
  • 81 grams sodium
  • Vitamins A,C,calcium and iron
This is according to the Myfitnesspal app.

No comments:

Post a Comment