Follow me!

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Anyone else dreaming of pecan pie? (Recipes!)



I'm guessing it is the slightly cooler and rainy weather, but I have been thinking about baking for Thanksgiving all morning!
I actually sat down and composed a document that contains many of my special Holiday recipes. Yes, I am definitely a "list" type of girl. Lists are my life!

Here is a recipe for the pecan pie that I make every Thanksgiving. I actually make the chocolate version because my family can't get enough of it.
I also included a recipe for a super easy pie crust. It is the perfect time of year to start testing out new recipes for the upcoming Holidays. Let me know if you decide to give this recipe a try...

Pecan Pie

  •  3 eggs (beaten)
  •  1½ cups of granulated sugar
  •  ½ cup of corn syrup
  •  2 teaspoons of vanilla
  •  6 tablespoons of melted butter or margarine
  •  1 cup of pecans (halves or chopped, your choice)
  •  1 pie crust (recipe below)

 Combine eggs, sugar, syrup, butter and vanilla. Mix together.
 Pour mixture into your pie crust.
 Sprinkle pecans over the top of the mixture.
 Bake for 45 to 60 minutes at 350°.
 Eat warm (not hot) or refrigerate.

For a chocolate pecan pie: Add 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the bottom of the pie crust before adding pie filling.

Pie Crust 

  •  1 Stick of margarine, cut into pieces
  •  1 Cup of flour
  •  4-6 tablespoons of cold water
  •  2 teaspoons of salt

 Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Form into a ball.
 Roll out dough between 2 sheets of floured wax paper.
 This will make one 8-9 inch pie crust.

*photo:dough:google

No comments:

Post a Comment