Follow me!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Organizing for the Holidays NOW




I am a very organized individual! Administrative is my middle name. Deanna Administrative Martinez-Bey...wow that's a long one! Anyway, I enjoy keeping lists, notebooks and folders to keep my thoughts straight. I even keep a little notebook app on my phone…this way I always have access to jotting down my thoughts.

Here are some ideas of what I do at Christmas that help me out...
I keep a Christmas notebook! Each year, I write in it what I would like to give each person on my gift giving list. As I purchase or make the gift, I cross it off my list. This really helps me stay organized!

I also keep a Christmas folder. I decorated the front with Christmas stickers and labeled it "Christmas ideas, recipes and traditions". In it, I keep clippings from magazines or pages I have printed off from my computer, with recipes I would like to try, traditions worth starting or anything else I am considering trying out for the Holidays this year.

Something else I do that helps me stay organized is, make a Christmas card list each year. I keep the previous year’s lists as well. I keep the lists in my bag with my Christmas cards and pens. This way, I am sure not to forget anyone.

You may be thinking that it is too early in the year to be thinking about Christmas and for you it may be. But, for me it is a great time! If I start organizing now, there is less for me to do at Holliday time and that allows me to enjoy the season even more. 

*photo: google: robinbondinteriors

No comments:

Post a Comment