Follow me!

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Back to school baking: Chicken salad braid recipe



Guess who is ready for fall? This girl! There is no problem having the oven baking in the fall and
winter months. I have to say, they are my fave! I have a recipe I make all the time that I am going to share with you. Chicken salad braid. This is so easy and so good! I make it for brunches, lunch and it makes a perfect after school snack for the littles!

Chicken Salad Braid

  • 1 Can chicken, white meat in water
  • 1/2 Cup, mayo
  • 1 Cup, shredded cheese (I like cheddar, but mozzarella works well too)
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic powder
  • Onion powder
  • 1 Can crescent rolls
  • milk

Preheat oven to 350*.
First, drain canned chicken. Then, mix first 7 ingredients together in a bowl.
Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with non-stick foil.
Remove crescent rolls from can and place longest ends of each triangle together, by twos, down the center of the foil lined pan. Where the rolls connect, in a straight line, down the center of the pan, press them together with your fingers.
At this point, you will have the points of each triangular shaped roll, pointing towards the edges of the pan and the big ends of the triangular rolls will be connected down the center of the pan.
Now, spoon your mixture down the center of the rolls.
After that, pull each end of the rolls, together, one by one, over the filling. This will make it look like a braid.
Brush milk over the bread and bake for about 20 minutes. Until golden brown.

*picture: google: laurenslatest

No comments:

Post a Comment