Follow me!

Monday, September 3, 2018

Fall baking: Score on 2 new cookbooks and Reese's pieces cookie recipe


I am happy to say that not only did I find 2 great cookbooks in my search at a local used book store over the weekend, but all the cookbooks were on sale for 25% off!

It is such an amazing feeling when you go shopping for something specific and it winds up being on sale.

Pictured above are the 2 cookbooks that caught my eye. Here is a recipe from the Hershey's Chocolate Lover's Cookbook that also caught my eye:

Reese's Pieces Chocolate Cookie Recipe
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 cups Reese's Pieces candy, divided
Preheat oven to 375*.
Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt: add alternately with milk to butter mixture.
Stir in 3/4 cup candies.
Drop by teaspoonfulls onto cookie sheet. (I line my sheets with no-stick foil.)
Place 2-3 remaining candies on top of each cookie near center.
Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until soft-set. Do not over-bake.
Cool 1 minute and remove from sheet to wire rack.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

More cookie recipes:

Butterscotch cookies

Iced Bisquick cookies

Butter cookie sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment