Follow me!

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Fall recipes: Caramel coffee and tea




I'm not sure about you, but I enjoy my coffee in the morning! I like to try different flavored coffees and creamers. You will see a variety of posts here about my coffee! 

Recently, I found something I really like!
I call it caramel coffee:

  • Prepare your coffee to brew as usual.
  • Squeeze caramel ice cream topping into the bottom of the empty pot. I would say about 1/3 cup.
  • Brew your coffee into the pot with the caramel.
  • When it is finished brewing, stir with a wooden spoon and enjoy!

It’s so easy, yet it adds such a nice flavor to the coffee. I add French vanilla creamer to my caramel coffee.

Then, this happened.....
I had a blog follower ask me about trying the caramel syrup in tea instead of coffee. So, I tried it! I put some water in my teapot, turned on the stove until it boiled, then poured the hot water over my green tea with lemon tea bag. After I added my nut milk, I added a teaspoon of the caramel ice cream topping. And to my surprise, it tastes very good! I normally drink my tea plain, with no sweetener.

TIP: 
If you are brewing your coffee or tea with a single serve coffee maker, add a tablespoon of caramel topping to your mug prior to brewing. If you like it sweeter, add two!

No comments:

Post a Comment