Follow me!

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Strange eats...


Brussels sprouts with garlic powder...my strange eat.

I was reading a friend’s blog and she has inspired me to write this.
She talks about how different people like to eat different things and how new recipes are formed by trying to mix things we ordinarily would not mix.
So, after reading how she likes to pour milk over her baked goods and eat them, I began to think about some "different" things my mom ate when I was growing up.

Here are a few things I remember. She would:
  • Pour milk and sugar over rice and eat it for dessert
  • Eat an entire head of lettuce every couple of days. She would get up every few minutes and pull off several leaves and eat them.
  • Cut a cantaloupe in half, scoop out the seeds, and fill the hole with vanilla ice cream. Then, she got a spoon and sat in front of the TV and ate it all!

I have eaten some strange things myself. I:
  • Eat a bagel with my cream cheese
  • Dip my bread and french fries in blue cheese dressing
  • Smother my hot dogs with yellow mustard and like them best burned on the grill

My sister used to eat peanut butter and tomato sandwiches when she was a child AND she used to eat butter…yes, from the stick! 
I guess we all have funny things we like to eat. I would like to hear about yours... please comment :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment