Follow me!

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Alcoholic drinks: Coquito


Coquito = Puerto Rican eggnog

Coquito is a Christmas drink that originated in Pueto Rico and is similar to eggnog. Coquito means little coconut in Spanish and as you can see, this recipe is loaded with coconut flavor!

A friend of mine served this during the Holiday season several years ago and I fell in love… so much that I had to have her recipe.

Not only do I make this during the Holidays, I make it any time I have a taste for it.


Coquito recipe
  • 1 1/2 cups rum
  • 1 can cream of coconut
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/2 can coconut milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together in a blender.

Serve over ice.

Refrigerate leftovers and drink within several days.


Tips:

Coquito is best served cold. Refrigerate before serving if time permit, otherwise serve over ice..

Top with grated nutmeg for an extra spicy treat. Top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream for more creaminess.

More articles from me:

Eggnog: Oh, how we love thee 

White Russian Kahlua shake recipe

Cranberry Vodka drink: perfect for any Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment