Halloween is here again! Ever ask yourself this question: How could I make my own molded candy?
I'm sure most of us have given it a thought at one time or another. Here is how:
- Purchase some plastic candy molds in shapes that you like. For Halloween I would suggest ghost or pumpkin shapes. Michael's or AC Moore would be great places to purchase said molds.
- Buy bags of chocolate flavored candy disks to make your molded chocolates. Again, Michael's or AC Moore will have these.
One important tip when working with melted disks is to be sure that NO water gets into the mix. It will make it clump up and the entire batch will be ruined.
- 1 bag of milk chocolate flavored disks
- 3-5 teaspoons instant coffee granules
Melt chocolate disks in a double broiler.
Add coffee granules to melted disks.
Spoon mixture into molds.
Refrigerate 15 minutes or until hardened.
Remove from molds.
Other flavor ideas:
Make your own Reese's filling:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Add a dab of filling on top of coated mold.
Top with melted choco0late and refrigerate.
BAM! Homemade Reese's!
Chai chocolates add:
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
Pour in molds and refrigerate.