Popcorn. It is the perfect snack for any season! Eat it plain or add sweet or savory flavors for a special snack.
What do I do with popcorn, you may ask...
I make a sweet and sticky treat! Many of us have tried caramel popcorn, but have you tried HOMEMADE caramel popcorn with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups added in? Chances are, the answer is no. It's not too late! Try this easy recipe today.
It took a total of 15 minutes to make this exquisitely sweet treat.
Reese's Cup Caramel Popcorn
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn (SkinnyPop has great options)*
- 6 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (Use 8 for more peanut butter goodness)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 1/2 tablespoons butter, salted
- 1/4 cup corn syrup, clear
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pop corn and then pour into a large bowl (I like the That's a Bowl from Tupperware).
Shake the bowl so that any un-popped seeds fall to the bottom.
Remove popped kernels by placing them back into the microwave bag.
Dump out un-popped kernels into the trash.
Place popped kernels back into the bowl.
Add sugar, butter and syrup into a microwave safe glass bowl (I like to use a large Pyrex measuring
Place mixture into microwave for 1 minute.
Remove and stir.
Place back into microwave for 1 minute.
Remove and add baking soda.
Stir well (mixture will fizz up).
Pour over popcorn.
Mix well with a spoon and be sure each piece of popcorn is coated with caramel.
While popcorn cools, unwrap and cut peanut butter cups. Cut into small pieces.
Add to Caramel corn and mix until combined.
Tip: If the popcorn is still hot, the chocolate will melt. I prefer to have my bits un-melted, but the choice is yours.
* I absolutely love that SkinnyPop is Non-GMO! In addition, it is free from artificial flavors and ingredients! Click here to read more about SkinnyPop.