Follow me!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Russian tea cake recipe (snowball cookies)



Have you heard of Russian Tea Cakes? How about Snowball cookies? I have a simple and tasty recipe for these cookies! A friend of mine made them for me for Christmas one year and they were so rich and buttery I asked her for the recipe. If you know me, you know I have to change up recipes to make them "my own", right? Well, I took this recipe and omitted the nuts. They were awesome plain. Then, I got creative and added chocolate shavings in place of the nuts.


Russian Tea Cakes (Snowballs)

  • 1 Cup Margarine
  • 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
  • 1 Tsp. Vanilla
  • 2 1/4 Cup flour
  • 1/4 Tsp. salt
  • 3/4 Cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
  • Powdered Sugar for rolling


Preheat oven to 400*.
With mixer, mix margarine, sugar and vanilla. Mix in flour, salt and nuts until dough holds.
Form into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet (I line my sheet with no stick foil).
Bake 10-12 minutes until set, not brown. Immediately roll in powdered sugar. Allow to cool and roll in sugar again.

No comments:

Post a Comment