Follow me!

Sunday, September 30, 2018

There are good people in this world...cookbooks!!!!


There are good people left in this world...

This blog post actually ties back to my previous post: Losing moms baking gadgets and cookbooks.

I was talking to my friend Amy at work about how my moms cookbooks were either thrown or given away just to hurt me. I was telling her what an extensive collection of books I had. I had 4 bookcases and a closet filled with cookbooks!

Two days later, she brought me the books in this photo plus two more books! I was so touched, I cried then, she began to cry! Which brings me to the title of this post. Cookbooks may not seem like such an amazing gift that they would bring a woman to tears. But, because of my story, this simple act meant more to me than a new car would have meant.

Thank you Amy, for being my friend and for loving me enough to do something this special for me. Those who know me know how much my mother meant to me. We were best friends. To know me also means you know how much I enjoy baking and my recipe collection.

There are good people left in this world.

More cookbook related posts:

Pol Martin: Supreme Cuisine, My Dads Cookbook

Creating a family cookbook

Score on 2 new cookbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment