Follow me!

Friday, November 22, 2019

Best EVER Sweet Potato Casserole

photo: google images
I know, I know, you see the title, "Best ever sweet potato casserole" all over the internet. But, I can not tell a lie. This is truly the best I have ever had! I make the same exact recipe every year...I never deviate.

I am a firm believer in Boston Markets sweet potato casserole...but this one I love just a smidge more!

Now, here is the question of the ages....is this a side or a dessert? It is a great debate. I say...it is a sweet side, so enjoy with dinner!

Best EVER Sweet Potato Casserole

Casserole
  • 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup flaked coconut
Topping
  • 2 cups crushed corn flake cereal
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 3/4 cup pecan bits
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted

Boil potatoes until tender (or used canned sweet potatoes).
Preheat oven to 400*.
Spray 9x13 baking dish with butter spray.
In an extra large bowl, mash up potatoes then add the remaining casserole ingredients.
Mix together well and pour into prepared baking dish.
In a separate bowl, combine topping ingredients.
Spread topping over casserole.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes...until bubbly.

More great recipes:

Tender turkey breast recipe 

Thanksgiving punch recipe

Easy turkey gravy recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment