Follow me!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Frozen cookie dough? Is it a good or bad idea...PLUS peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe




The last time I made my: peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, I had more dough than I needed. So, I decided to freeze the remainder of the dough and bake it another time. 

Yesterday, was my, "another time". I removed the dough from the freezer and took it out of the plastic zip top bag. I placed it on a cutting board and proceeded to slice off chunks with a knife. I squeezed the small chunks together to make one cookie. In all, I baked up about 20 cookies.

I have to say, I think they tasted better than when I made them the last time. Something about freezing the dough and baking the cookies from the dough that came straight out of the freezer made a difference!

The cookies were lumpier (making them look more like homemade), richer and moister.
I WILL be freezing more cookie dough to make my cookies...this is ideal for Holiday cookie baking too! Make the dough now, freeze and bake cookies for the Holidays! 



Peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe
• 1 cup butter or margarine
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 2 eggs
• 1 pack of vanilla instant pudding
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 heaping tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
• 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 375*.
Line 2 cookie sheets with no-stick foil.
Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla and pudding.
Beat in your eggs and then add your dry ingredients (batter will be stiff).
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment