Follow me!

Friday, July 29, 2016

Crockpot Greek chicken






I woke up one morning and decided to go searching through my, "Fix it and Forget it" Crockpot cookbook for a new recipe to try.
I decided first that I wanted to use chicken, so I then went searching...
I found a recipe entitled, "Greek Chicken" and decided it was easy enough and sounded good enough to try. I have to say that it does smell good as it cooks.
Here is the recipe if you would like to try it too:

Greek Chicken

  • 4-6 potatoes quartered (I cut mine in chunks)
  • 2-3 pounds chicken pieces (I used 2 pounds of boneless, thin chicken breasts)
  • 2 large onions, quartered (I cut mine a little smaller)
  • 1 whole bulb of garlic, minced (I used minced garlic in a jar, 2 tsp)
  • 3 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tbsp olive oil


Place potatoes into the bottom of the slow cooker. Add chicken, onions and garlic.
Sprinkle with seasonings.
Top with olive oil.
Cover. Cook on high 4-5 hours, or on low 8-9 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment