Follow me!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Book review: On Strike for Christmas





Even as an author, I read every day.  This review is on a book that I like so much, I read it once a year…usually around Thanksgiving time, since it is a Christmas book.

On Strike For Christmas is written by Sheila Roberts. The story line is about woman and her friends who go on strike for Christmas. They leave the Holiday planning up to their husbands in hopes they can pull it all together (or maybe secretly they are hoping for a complete fail). Chances are you will be able to relate to one of the women who go on strike. I can actually see a little bit of myself in several of them. There are several parts that make me laugh out loud while reading. Then, there are parts that make me a bit sad because I can feel the pain or disappointment in the character. 

It also offers recipes at the end of the book. The recipes come from the characters introduced in the story. I have actually made the truffle recipe!

I purchase my books, from Amazon.com (click here to purchase this book). I find I get the best
prices there.

Merry, Merry! 

*photo from amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment